ASI's primary goal is to promote the safe and responsible use of ATVs, thereby reducing accidents and injuries that may result from improper ATV operation by the rider.
ABOUT ATV SAFETY
The ATV Safety Institute's Golden Rules:
- Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves.
- Never ride on paved roads except to cross when done safely and permitted by law - another vehicle could hit you. ATVs are designed to be operated off-highway.
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never carry a passenger on a single-rider ATV, and no more than one passenger on an ATV specifically designed for two people.
- Ride an ATV that's right for your age.
- Supervise riders younger than 16; ATVs are not toys.
- Ride only on designated trails and at a safe speed.
- Take a hands-on ATV RiderCourseSM and the free online E-Course.
Learn More about ATV Safety or call 800.887.2887
SIGN UP FOR OUR E-COURSE
The ATV Safety Institute (ASI) offers three unique e-learning courses to address basic ATV safety principles: one for teen and adult riders, one for youth, and one for people who will be supervising their youngsters or other young riders. All students will learn how to apply the "golden rules" of ATV riding in an interactive setting. The courses include videos, pictures, checklists, and quizzes to make them fun and effective learning experiences for all age groups.
Students earn certificates for successfully completing the courses and are encouraged to take the next step in the learning process: hands-on training.