The Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle Association (ROHVA) was formed to promote the safe and responsible use of recreational off-highway vehicles (ROVs) manufactured or distributed in North America.
ROV SAFETY RULES
The ATV Safety Institute's Golden Rules:
- Always fasten your seat belt, wear a helmet and other protective gear and keep all parts of your body inside the ROV.
- Avoid paved surfaces. ROVs are designed to be operated off-highway.
- Drive only in designated areas, at a safe speed, and use care when turning and crossing slopes.
- Never drive or ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Never drive an ROV unless you’re 16 or older and have a valid driver’s license. ROVs are not toys.
- Never carry more passengers than the ROV is designed for, and never allow a passenger who is too small to sit in a passenger seat to ride in the ROV.
- Read and follow the operator’s manual and warning labels.
- Take a hands-on ROV Basic DriverCourseSM and the free online E-Course.