- soy sauce - 1/3 cup
- rice vinegar - 1 tbs
- galanga - 1-inch piece (substitute ginger if no galanga is available)
- garlic - 3 cloves
- green onion - 6 stalks, dark green parts removed, and minced
- chicken - 6 boneless, skinless thighs (about 2 lbs)
- broccoli - 2 heads, crowns only
- shiitake mushrooms - 1 lbs, sliced
- chicken broth - 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper - to taste
- coconut oil - 1 1/2 tbs
Put broccoli in a bowl, add 1/2 tbs coconut oil, a dash of water, cover with plastic wrap, and open a small vent about 1 inch wide (so it's not totally sealed). Microwave on high for about 3 minutes.
Add coconut oil to a skillet and heat over medium high heat until shimmering. Add remaining green onion and sautée until beginning to soften. Add mushrooms and cook until they release their juices. Cook off the juice and then add chicken broth. Cook until the chicken broth is reduced by half. Add broccoli, stir, add salt to taste, and cover to keep warm.
Add chicken to grill and cook until well cooked with some nice chars (about 5 minutes per side).
Divide vegetables and chicken on two plates and serve immediately.