- onion - 1 whole, diced
- green onion - 2 whole, sliced on the diagonal
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- red bell pepper - 2 whole, julienne-cut (can substitute green, orange, yellow, or a mix)
- mushrooms - ½ lb, sliced
- broccoli - 1 lb. bag, florets
- chicken breasts - 2 breasts
- olive oil - 4 tbs.
- soy sauce - ½ cup (if this is too much, you can cut it down to ¼ cup)
- red pepper flakes - pinch, or more to taste
- salt and pepper - to taste
Season chicken breast with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet on medium heat and cook chicken breast until cooked through completely, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken breast onto a cutting board and let rest while you prepare the rest.
In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Add broccoli and cover with a lid. Allow to steam for 5-10 minutes.
Add the remaining vegetables to the broccoli. Cook, stirring, until onions and garlic begin to brown and broccoli is soft yet firm.
Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken, any accumulated juices, and soy sauce and cook until chicken is heated through. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
Remove from heat, garnish with the green onion slices, and serve hot!